2009-10 Undergraduate Catalog
Academic Learning Compacts identify the skills students should acquire if they follow their major's prescribed course of study. These skills, known collectively as Student Learning Outcomes, describe the core learning expectations that UF is required to assess for each baccalaureate degree program.
Core learning expectations for each ALC will identify the communication, critical thinking and content knowledge skills, as well as one or more additional learning outcomes specific to that major.
This information applies to all undergraduates entering UF Summer B 2006 and beyond.
- Academic Learning Compact: identification of each major's learning expectations and student outcomes.
- Student Learning Outcomes: what students are expected to learn by completion of their baccalaureate degree program.
- Individual Student Assessments: the different ways in which UF will measure whether students have successfully completed the learning outcomes for a major. These assessments can include a passing score on a particular test or a final project, term paper, portfolio and so on.
ALC Index, by major
Agricultural and Biological Engineering, Colleges of Agriculture and Engineering
Communication Sciences and Disorders, Liberal Arts and Sciences
Communication Sciences and Disorders, Public Health and Health Professions
Computer Engineering, Engineering
Computer Science, Engineering
Computer Science, Liberal Arts and Sciences
Economics, Business Administration
Economics, Liberal Arts and Sciences
Food Science and Human Nutrition
Information Systems (formerly Decision and Information Sciences)
Interdisciplinary Studies, College of Agricultural and Life Sciences
- Environmental Management in Agriculture and Natural Resources - See E
- Golf and Sports Turf Management - See G
Interdisciplinary Studies, College of Liberal Arts and Sciences
- American Indian and Indigenous Studies - see A Biochemistry and Molecular Biology - See B
- Biological Illustration - See B
- Film and Media Studies - See F
- International Studies- See I
- Medieval and Early Modern Studies - See M
- Modern European Studies - See M
- Middle Eastern Languages and Cultures - See M
- Neurobiological Sciences - See N
Music, Bachelor of Arts
Music, Bachelor of Music
Tourism, Recreation and Sport Management