Late Degree Information
To be added to the degree candidate list after the deadline for the current term, undergraduate students must petition their college dean's office by the last day of classes. Please follow the instructions below and retain them for future reference.
- The Graduate School dean's office in 106 Grinter Hall will approve applications. Check with the Graduate School for the late degree application deadline. Graduate students who apply after the mid-point of the term must apply to graduate the following term.
All Other Students
- Petition with your college to be allowed to apply for graduation after the deadline.
Important Information for all Applicants
- If you have been approved by your dean's office as a degree candidate and you plan to participate in commencement, allow forty-eight (48) hours to process your application. Your degree information must be available electronically in the bookstore before they can process your regalia information. Please contact the customer service desk at the UF Bookstore in the Reitz Union for additional regalia information.
- Because you are applying after the deadline, there is a possibility that your name will not appear in the commencement program.
- Diplomas are ordered after the term is over and will be sent to the permanent home address on file approximately 10 weeks after graduation. Please verify your permanent home mailing address.