How to Register Successfully
Registration Dates and Times
The summer and fall schedules of courses are released during the first week of March, prior to advance registration for those terms.
The spring schedule of courses is released during the first week of October, prior to advance registration for that term.
During the first three weeks of advance registration and throughout the online drop/add period, the Office of the University Registrar must regulate the ISIS registration system by utilizing assigned start times for registration sessions.
During the first three weeks of advance registration, priority is given to graduate and then undergraduate students based on credit hours, with earlier times assigned to students with greater credit hours. Once a student's start time has passed, students can access the registration system freely until they reach 15 registered hours. Once they have reached 15 hours, the student will be automatically reassigned a new start time. Students may not access the ISIS registration system prior to their assigned start time.
During online drop/add, priority is given to the students who have not registered for a full course load in the given term, regardless of class standing or credit hours earned toward their degrees. Students are allowed only one registration session per start time during daytime hours and will be automatically assigned a new time at the end of each registration session (once the student logs off) later that evening. Students can access the ISIS registration system repeatedly from approximately 10:00pm to close of the system every night except the final night of drop/add. Students may not access ISIS registration prior to their assigned start time.
Online drop/add ends promptly at 11:59pm on the final day of drop/add period. Students will not be allowed to log into ISIS registration after that time and will be held fee liable for all courses on their schedule.
Generally, the ISIS registration system is open from 8:00am to 4:30am Monday through Saturday and 10:00am to 4:30am on Sunday. Other ISIS functions are available for a greater time range. ISIS registration typically closes the Wednesday after commencement for end-of-term processing each term, and reopens the next business day.
Students must be registered for at least one credit by 5:00pm on the last business day before online drop/add begins to avoid the $100 late registration fee.
- Plan your course selections in advance. If you exceed the time limits, the system will disconnect. If you time out, previously confirmed drops and adds will be retained, but unsaved requests will be lost and you will have to log on again.
- While ISIS will guide you through course requirements, not all requirements are managed by ISIS. Check the catalog for your major's course requirements. Departments can drop you if you do not meet course requirements.
- If you register for a summer A/B/C course that is a prerequisite for a course you wish to take in the fall, you must wait until the following business day to add the fall course.
- If you do have to drop a course during online registration, do so before registration closes or you will be liable for fees.
- Variable credit courses require you to enter the number of credits in a two-digit format; three credits would be entered as 03. If you register for an incorrect number of credits, you must drop the course and add it again with the correct credits.
- Writing and Math Requirement - Even though a course may be designated writing (WR) or math (MR) requirement, not all sections of that course may meet the requirement. To verify if a particular section satisfies the writing or math requirement, please refer to the schedule of courses.
- It is against the policy of the Office of the University Registrar for students to utilize automated programs to assist in their online registrations on ISIS.
Students with disabilities who need assistance during registration can contact the Disability Resource Center in Room 1 in Reid Hall, 352-392-8565 or 352-392-3008 (TDD). Persons with hearing impairments can use the Florida Relay Service, 1-800-955-8771 (TDD), when departments on campus do not list a TDD.
How to Register on ISIS
- Access the Schedule of Courses to plan the courses you want to register for, including several backups.
- Using your GatorLink username and password, log on to ISIS. If you need assistance, please contact the help desk at 392-HELP.
- Go to Registration Holds to view the holds on your record that could prevent you from registering.
- Utilize the registration functions on ISIS to register for a schedule.
- Print a copy of your schedule each time you register.
After You Register
- Use ISIS to view the textbook requirements for each of your courses.
- If you cannot attend a semester for which you have registered, you MUST drop all courses before registration closes or you will be liable for fees.
- If you do not attend at least one of the first two class meetings or scheduled labs and you do not contact the department offering the course, you MAY be dropped from the course.
- However, do not assume that you will be dropped automatically if you miss the first two class meetings.