CHAMPVA is a healthcare benefits program that covers most healthcare services and supplies that are medically and psychologically necessary. Upon confirmation of eligibility, applicants will receive program material that specifically addresses covered and not covered services and supplies.
Who is Eligible?
- Dependents of veterans who have been rated by the VA as having a total and permanent disability.
- Survivors of veterans who died from VA-rated service-connected conditions or who, at the time of death, were rated permanently and totally disabled from a VA-rated service connected condition.
- Survivors of persons who died in the line of duty and not due to misconduct.
Note: The eligibility of children is not affected by divorce or remarriage of the spouse or surviving spouse.
What Does the VA Pay?
Under CHAMPVA, the VA shares the cost of covered healthcare services and supplies with eligible beneficiaries.
How To Apply
Please submit the following documents:
- Application for CHAMPVA Benefits, VA Form 10-10d
- Veteran and spouse marriage license
- Birth certificate/adoption papers for children
- The page from the VBA rating decision that shows the veteran is 100% permanently and totally disabled (or death rating for a survivor)
- If you are a remarried widow/widower and are once again single, provide a copy of the legal documentation that terminated the remarriage. The legal documentation of termination of a remarriage may be a divorce decree, death certificate or annulment decree.
- Veteran's DD214 (Certificate of Release or Discharge fromActive Duty) or if the veteran was a WWII or Korea veteran, the Report of Separation. The VA does not have copies of this form; you must obtain them from your veterans military service. If you do not have this form readily available, we recommend that you not spend time requesting one from the military, send your application package in without it and we will obtain it.
You can speed up the processing of your application if you also send copies, not originals, of
Send your complete package to
PO Box 469028
Denver, CO 80246-9028
Order your current term enrollment verification on ISIS>My Record>Enrollment Verification
Note: Have the Registrar indicate your veteranís file number on the enrollment verification letter.
Communicating with the CHAMPVA
CHAMPVA is managed by the VA's Health Administration Center. The number is 800-733-8387 and is available Monday through Friday from 8:15 AM to
6:00 PM Eastern Time. E-mail is the best way to communicate: email@example.com.
Fax number is 1-303-331-7804. PLEASE do NOT fax applications to this number.
For more information: CHAMPVA