UF Logo
2003 - 2004
Undergraduate Catalog

Catalog Home | Colleges | Courses | Calendars

Degree Requirements

Education Home | History & Overview | Policies/Procedures | Degree Requirements | Programs | Organizations

Students who complete a department approved undergraduate program in the College of Education are awarded the Bachelor of Arts in Education (BAE).

Grades below C will not fulfill requirements in either professional education or in general education areas.

Before program completion, students must demonstrate satisfactory performance on the Florida Educator Accomplished Practices. Students in unified early childhood education are required to provide proof of completion of up-to-date CPR and first aid training. All prospective teachers are encouraged to do the same. Students are required to complete an additional year of study in a masterís degree or postbaccalaureate program to receive a statement on the transcript verifying completion of a Florida Department of Education (DOE) and National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE) approved program.

Beginning with the Spring 2005 semester, students in the ProTeach Unified Elementary and Early Childhood Programs must provide evidence of a successful passing score on all pertinent sections of the Florida Teacher Certification Examination (FTCE) before graduation from a degree program or completion of a postbaccalaureate program.

Residence: The last 30 semester hours to be applied toward a degree must be completed in residence in the College of Education at UF.

Graduating with Honors: To graduate cum laude (with honors), a student is required to earn an upper-division 3.75+ GPA during the junior/ senior years in the college. To graduate magna cum laude (with high honors), a student must: 1) attain a 3.75+ GPA on the first 18 hours of the upper-division program; 2) maintain a 3.75+ GPA through completion of the BAE and; 3) submit a scholarly project to be judged by the College High Honors Committee and the University Honors Committee. It is the eligible studentís responsibility to contact the Office of Student Services, Room G416 Norman Hall, for additional information upon completion of the first 18 hours of the junior year.

 Registrar | Admissions | Records & Registration | ISIS

If you need assistance with this web page click here to send email.
This page is maintained by the Office of the University Registrar.