UF Logo
2003 - 2004
Undergraduate Catalog

Catalog Home | Colleges | Courses | Calendars

Academic Policies and Procedures

Forest Resources Home | History & Overview | Policies/Procedures | Degree Requirements | Programs | Organizations

Admission Requirements


Students wishing to begin at UF as freshmen and intend to major in forest resources and conservation (FRC) or natural resource conservation (NRC) should complete the standard application to UF, available online at www.ufl.edu. Admitted students declaring either major will be classified as an FY student, and will retain the FY classification until graduation, or as long as they meet or exceed the universal tracking standards for their major. Students who fall below these minimum standards without acceptable justification of their performance will not be allowed to continue in the major. Freshman students should take the CLAST in their second semester.

Students Other Than First-Semester Freshmen

Students who have spent one or more semesters at another community college, junior college or university (public or private), but have not completed 60 credit hours of college credit, should submit a standard application to the university (available online at www.ufl.edu).

Students who earned the Associate of Arts (AA) degree at a community college, junior college or university (public or private) should submit a transfer application to UF, available online at www.ufl.edu. Students will be judged primarily on the completion of the necessary prerequisite (tracking) courses with a minimum 2.5 GPA on these tracking courses for the major, as well as their status in completion of the required general education course work, foreign language course work, and CLAST.

Students are urged to complete as many of these additional courses as possible before transferring in order to minimize time and expense at UF. Direct questions regarding course substitutions or admissions policy to the schoolís Student Services Office (Room 121 Newins-Ziegler Hall, info@sfrc@ufl.edu).

Universal Tracking and Academic Progress

Students should contact the SFRC student services coordinator when they are admitted to begin course planning and to have a faculty adviser assigned. Students should complete the course requirements for the major in the term designated. Any necessary adjustments will be made by the studentís faculty adviser in conjunction with the undergraduate coordinator.

Academic Advising

Upon admission to the school, the student should contact the SFRC Student Services Office for assignment of a faculty adviser. The faculty adviser assists the student in selecting a major and choosing electives. Students should follow the course sequences identified for their major. In the event of course scheduling conflicts, and with adviser approval, students may substitute up to eight semester hours of required courses; this substitution can include only one required FNR course.

Correspondence/Extension Courses

No student may apply more than 18 semester hours of correspondence, extension or nonresident course work toward the bachelorís degree, of which no more than 12 semester hours may be applied in any one semester or academic year. Any student intending to apply correspondence course work toward a degree must have a minimum junior-/senior-level GPA of 2.5 and prior written approval.

 Registrar | Admissions | Records & Registration | ISIS

If you need assistance with this web page click here to send email.
This page is maintained by the Office of the University Registrar.