UF Logo
2003 - 2004
Undergraduate Catalog

Catalog Home | Colleges | Courses | Calendars

Campus Life and Student Support
Academic Honesty | Student Conduct Code | Student Affairs | Dean of Students Office | Gatorlink | Gator 1 Card | UFID Number | Office of Academic Technology | Transportation/Parking Regulations | Dept. of Housing & Residence Education| Gator Dining Services | Student Financial Affairs | UF International Center | Career Resource Center | UF Bookstores | J. Wayne Reitz Union | Special Support Services | Student Health Care Center | Dental Care | Speech & Hearing Clinic | Student legal Services | Reading & Writing Center | Teaching Center | Cycles of Success League for Scholars | Minority Mentor Program | Office of Graduate Minority Programs | Activities & Organizations | Intercollegiate Athletics | Recreation / Fitness Centers

Student Legal Services

Student Legal Services, funded by the activity and service fee, provides legal advice and counseling to university students. Full-time students may receive advice on landlord-tenant problems, consumer law, criminal charges, traffic citations, divorce, adoption, name change and other family matters. In some landlord-tenant and family law matters, Student Legal Services provides free representation in court in Alachua County. Certain restrictions and limitations may apply. Appointments usually are required for one-on-one counseling with the staff attorneys. All staff attorneys are licensed members of the Florida Bar.

Notary services, including preparation of powers of attorney, are available without appointment during normal business hours, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.

For more information on the services offered or to make an appointment to speak to a staff attorney, call Student Legal Services at 392-1665, Ext. 368. Student Legal Services is located in Room 368, J. Wayne Reitz Union.

 Registrar | Admissions | Records & Registration | ISIS

If you need assistance with this web page click here to send email.
This page is maintained by the Office of the University Registrar.